Just a little P.S. on the last post. Besides hurting and boring the hell out of you, beauty also has a talent for stinking, tasting disgusting and being really expensive. And hardly working, at that.
I mentioned in my first post how dental hygiene is a *** when you hate the taste of mint. As it turns out, tooth whiteners don't come in any other flavour, so I'm stuck with it. Right now, I'm chewing on a revolting piece of 'natural whitening' gum. I haven't had the guts to try the special toothpaste/mouthwash (not sure how it's both, but it claims to be) it came with yet.
Also, waxstrips are a total rip-off. Sure, you get 20 for €10, and technically you can repeatedly use both sides, so it's more like 40 strips. But they feel really gross on your skin when you're applying them, it's almost impossible to rip them off fast enough without outside help, and they don't seem to be doing all that much, either.
And...!
These 40 strips come with an amazing total of 4 after-use treatment towels. Really tiny ones. You're supposed to get all the wax off with it. Sure, the oily stuff feels kind of nice, but they've put it on the worst paper towels EVER. After you've semi-voluntarily ripped out your own body-hair, you get to grain it with sand-paper. Whoop-ti-doo.
The package claims it would work with baby-oil too, which grants the added advantage of me choosing where I put it on. Like a proper washcloth. On the other hand, this also means it's going to cost even more.
I'm starting to suspect this whole 'beauty' thing wasn't invented by the devil at all. It was invented by Dagobert Duck.
*wiki*
His English name is Scrooge McDuck.
... Really? Dagobert left out the 'Mc' part to save ink. But then, Scrooge is shorter than Dagobert. That'll be it, I guess.
So anyway. I'm starting to sink in an evil bottomless money-pit, and I haven't even started on actual cosmetics yet. I've been told I shouldn't ask the sales-people for advice before stating a budget, but I haven't a clue what a decent budget would be. I have the feeling that if I say I'd like everything together for about €5 they're just going to laugh a me, or maybe throw me out.
Or get Scrooge/Dagobert over to yell at me until I pay him €50 just to buzz off.
Think on it,
Erane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment