I know people keep saying this, and my brief encounters with devil-wrought contraptions meant to rip out your bodyhair have confirmed it, but I thought I'd state it again. Taking care of your looks hurts. Above all that (and this is the part no one includes) it's boring as hell.
That's right. Looking pretty takes long, and you don't get quick results. Period. So basically, what you end up with is a painful yawn.
... Rats. Now I'm really yawning. And I hardly even started before boredom prompted me to toss in the towel...
So the thing is, I finally caved in and developed an interest in looks. It's not because I want to look good for the guys. It's not even because I want to look good enough to compete with the girls. It's not even to boost my self-esteem. And it's only partly to please my sister, who seems thrilled whenever she discovers any effort on my part and disappointed when she doesn't find it.
It's because I'm a nerd.
Huh? How could being a nerd make you want to look pretty? It's nerds, for crying out loud! If they want to look pretty, how on earth did they end up looking like that?!
I know, I know. But fate so has it that I'm a plot-nerd. Stories, roleplays, full scale larps, if it has plenty of plot (and in-depth characters are most welcome) then I'm in. Latest addition to my scala of (planned)larp-characters is a lesbian girl with insecurity issues, who will do most anything to ensure that she keeps her lover's interest, even after just over three years. And that includes being eye-candy. This character is also going to be the sole reason that I'll even own make-up at all.
Though I'll probably utilise it for other things after that... I mean, it's a shame to let it go to waste, right?
Basically, this character would just not make sense if she weren't clad in some hot cocktail dress, wearing a pretty watch (will those people hurry up fixing it already? I miss my sense of time...), clutching a handbag (still working on the contents) and having her hair up in some pretty due. My ears aren't pierced though, and I'm not that bad that I'll have them pierced for the occasion. But I have started the loooong and boooooring project of epilating my eyebrows.
I looked up what eyebrows are supposed to look like. I still have a LOT of pulling to go. And as it turns out, it hurts more as you're taking a break. Also, if I don't go to bed soon, I'll need some sort of powder to liven up my... scheisse. I haven't a clue what they're called in English. Just a sec.
...
Bags. Under the eyes. Those things. I want rid of them.
Good night.
I'll need to be fit when I continue working on my eyebrows tomorrow. And I'll need to consider some sort of quick-fix tooth whitener.
Think on it,
Erane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment