I am a sucker for robots. Whatever the programming, they often fail to intimidate me, or even impress me, but any robot strikes me as inherently cute. Their inability to see past their own simple logic is simply endearing. They're like little children, trying to make sense of the world; like the strongly autistic, falling back on protocol when they get confused.
Just the thought of Wall-E has me squeeling inside. The most adorable thing I have ever seen is Aibo-soccer. In the film I, Robot old robots fighting new robots made me cry. In a world where robots have gone mad and humans have to hunt them for survival, I'd be that lone scientist empowering the robots to give them a fighting chance. All in all, I am a robot lover.
But that doesn't make me a robot. I don't have a protocol for everything, and if I have one, I tend not even to follow it. I understand things about the world around me I can't even explain to myself, but I pick up on them all the same. My thoughts are organised in text, yes, but it's simply a manifestation of clusters of feelings. I can search for a word that goes with a feeling and know what language the feeling is.
A horse lover is not a horse. A dog lover is not a dog. Call me a robot again, jerk.
Think on it,
Erane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment